Christmas counter

Wednesday 27 October 2010

The "big" Christmas toys announced

The news wires are currently breaking the Toy Retailers Association's press release about what it thinks are the big toys kids are going to want this year. Yes, Christmas List season has begun. I remember as a kid being handed the Argos catalogue by my parents and asked to highlight what I wanted for Christmas. Back then, the catalogue was only half an inch thick, but we still thought it was massive - after all, it was about 300 pages long.

I went to Argos yesterday to get a few things for the house - their Christmas catalogue today is about the size of what their full catalogue was when I was a child! I took that plus the main catalogue home with me - I needed to carry it in a double plastic bag it was so big. Two inches thick, and a good 1500+ pages in length. Resting it on its edge on my lap whilst browsing it hurt - proof if ever if was needed that you now need to be a masochist to shop at Argos.

Anyway, here's the list:

  • City Airport, Lego UK (£84.99)
  • Fireman Sam Deluxe Fire Station Playset, Character Options (£29.99)
  • FurReal Go Go Walking Pup, Hasbro (£59.99)
  • Jet Pack Buzz Lightyear, Mattel UK (£39.99)
  • Kidizoom VideoCam, VTech (£59.99)
  • Monopoly Revolution, Hasbro (£29.99)
  • Moon Dough Barn, Spinmaster Toys UK (£19.99)
  • Nerf N Strike Stampede ECS, Hasbro (£54.99)
  • Paper Jamz Guitar, Wow Wee Europe (£24.99)
  • 'Pumpaloons' - action game, Drumond Park (£19.99)
  • Sylvanian Families Motorcycle and Sidecar, Flair Leisure (£24.99)
  • ZhuZhu Grooming Salon, Character Options (£22.99)

...although it's all Greek to me. The BBC have put up a slideshow so you can see how weird toys have become these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment